We have been developing our Own websites since 1999 when we started with A Warm Wish. I had a Company Webstrokes.com which also developed websites for a short time. We have been developing websites from basic Pages, using programs like Front Page, then to Dreamweaver and beyond. Our Current Websites are all WordPress themed sites, because of the flexibility and the amount of themes, plugins and the like it is easier to build what you need. Content is the true source of getting noticed and if you provide content that people are looking for that is the major part of the battle. We believe that your company should be responsible or have the personnel to run the basics. You may not have the knowledge to build your own site. But everyone should be able to provide the content. Also speed is of the essence sometimes, you want an update to your site and want it now and don’t have time to wait for your Web Developer to get back to you. Another reason why WordPress works so well. It is easy to Learn.
We are Planning to offer a Couple of Core Options
- We Will help you develop a Website, Get your site Designed, Uploaded, and Provide you the training to do most of the content yourself. We will provide training and Support at any level you need.
- For those of you WHO DON’T WANT TO RUN YOUR OWN SITE. We can help you with that also. We will design, Build and Maintain your site. WE DO STRESS, you know your company, and its day to day operation so you really need to be involved for your own sake, but we can provide someone to take care of you every Step of the Way.
Let us Answer some Basic Questions
How Much Does a Small Business Website Cost?
On average, the basic cost estimates of a small business web site.
- Domain Name – $10/year
- Hosting – $10 to $100 a year (depending on traffic & hosting services)
- Web planning, design and development time – 60 hours and up
- Continued website Maintenance – $500 a year and up (depending on number/type of updates required)
- Marketing your website online – $750 a month and up
Factors that Contribute to Website Cost
When trying to budget web design costs there are a number of factors to consider:
- Is this a brand new site or a redesign?
- How prepared are you – do you have a detailed requirements document?
- Do you need a blog or content management functionality (CMS)?
- Do you have graphics already created for the site?
- Do you want the site to automatically resize for mobile and tablets?
- Do you need multimedia (Flash, video, etc.) on the site?
- How much content do you have and how much do you need created?
- Do you need other special features like social media channels, SEO, ecommerce, or something else?
- Who is going to maintain the site after it has been launched?
Content Management System (CMS)
Don’t assume that if you’ve already got a pre-made template you won’t need any images or layouts re-done. Web design is usually a process, this means that the designer will show you several options and then modify those based on your feedback to arrive at an approved design. For a small business website, budget $1,200 – $3,500 to get you from concept through to the final design. Don’t skimp on the design or visitors won’t give your website a second glance. This is why we use WordPress because we can get you up and running for minimal costs. A WordPress template can run from $40 to $250. Then with some minimal setup you can be up and Running.
Images and Graphics
Website graphics are tricky because they can range from $10 each for cheap stock images to $100′s of dollars each for custom or high-end stock images. Graphics can make a huge huge difference in the effectiveness of your website. On the low-end, budget at least $100 for stock images.
Mobile and Responsive
Mobile devices are now critical to your online success and your design must be Mobile Friendly. The best designs are Responsive, designed to automatically adjust their layout to look good on multiple devices: smartphones, tablets, and desktop computers.
Costs for Content Creation and Insertion
The least expensive way to go is to create all the content yourself and insert it into the site yourself. But if you want a web designer to add your content and adjust the layout of the text, budget $100 – $150 per page.
Special Features Cost Extra
There are a lot of extra features that web developers can integrate that will improve your business but can also up the price. The estimates below reflect the general costs for additional features.
- Custom Content Management Systems- for clients who want to manage their own content we integrate and customize content management systems (CMS). We work with WordPress. Costs for integrating and customizing a CMS can range from $1,000 to $5000.
- Training and documentation – You will probably need some instructions and documentation on how to maintain and edit site content. Depending on how extensive this is, expect to pay from $400 – $1,500
- Many clients want a WordPress or similar blog within their website, customized to their website branding and design. This ranges from $1,000 – $5000.
- E-commerce shopping carts, catalogs, payment processing $1,500–$5000 or more depending on requirements.
- Email Marketing Campaigns- Clients that want to gather emails and send out branded email blasts for announcements or newsletters require an Email management tool. We integrate 3rd-party tools (graphicmail, mailchimp, constant contact, etc.) and create an email blast template design, we can even manage your email blasts. $500 and up.
- Branding/Identity Development- Logo design is something we are often asked to do. On the low-end, we start with an 8-hour process that generates about 6 rough logo concepts. If one of these is chosen we go through several rounds of edits to arrive at a final version. $900 – $3,500
- An online style guide is important because it establishes brand consistency and provides a guide for all your print collateral and online marketing. Basic styleguide $1,440.
- Targeted Landing Pages- Landing pages are pages that promote a specific product or service. They are usually part of an email, social media, or banner ad campaign. We can design and create these pages starting at $450.
- News feeds of both your content (outgoing) and adding content to the site (incoming) $400
- Contact forms and surveys $100 and up
- Newsletters $400 – $900
- Advertising integration (Google AdWords) $200
- Photo gallery $250 – $500
- Metrics: Google analytics, custom reports, etc. $200–$2000
- SEO: on-page optimization, off-page optimization submission to search engines, etc. $500–$4000
- Social media: Create and manage social media network profile such as Twitter, FaceBook, YouTube, Pinterest, Google+, LinkedIn etc. $500–$2000
Using the estimates above you can see how they can add up.
Websites don’t just maintain themselves, and the best are changing all the time. Maintenance is something that most businesses forget to budget. We will train you or your Staff for the basics and provide you with a basic Maintenance contract, so you have peace of mind. You won’t be left alone.
Maintenance contracts vary greatly depending upon what you need. You should budget a minimum of $250 per month to have a designer/developer on call if you have a problem that you can’t fix. And if you need us to do additional work such as creating new images, adding new content, maintaining social media or newsletters, etc. the price will go up. We can provide customized, full-service maintenance plans.
If this website will be a significant part of your business DON’T SKIMP on the design and development. If you’d expect to pay $100,000 for a brick and mortar retail shop (inventory, interior design, furniture, rent, utilities, staff, equipment, insurance, etc) – then don’t balk at paying reasonable rates for the creation of your online business. So, for a small business website you can spend as little as $5,000 or as much as $20,000 or more. Your budget should be based on what your business needs.
These are Pricing estimates based on anticipated hours necessary for a basic website, addition time due to changes or additional request will be adjusted and verified before implementation.
Web site Development $750 Basic
Website Implementation $1000 Basic
Website Maintenance $250 (Starting Depending on Time)
Social Media Management $500 (starting Depending on Time)
We Develop WordPress web sites because they are easy to train the client to maintain. The client always has their best interest at heart and minor changes and blogs can be implemented immediately with out waiting for a web design firm to get the changes made.